previous

Buckingham Palace

      Buckingham Palace was built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703, known as Buckingham House and was acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence.

      Since Queen Victoria ascended the throne in 1837, it has been the official London residence of The Britsh Monarch, and Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family household currently shares “Buck’ House” with two ghosts.

      One is a Monk who is believed to have died a sad and lonely death of starvation while locked in a cell. He appears in chains every Christmas day on a balcony at the back of the Palace which was erected on the site of a former priory.

      The second paranormal event are the phantom gunshots that have been heard emanating from the former office of Major John Gwynne a private secretary to King Edward VII who, after a scandalous divorce, retired to his first floor room and blew his brains out.



Prints - please email for details

Buckingham Palace
Photograph © Anthony Bliss 2004